Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday blahs

 


This goes way back.  It is a long video.  Hope you don't mind, but then you can always shut it down and I would never know the difference nor would that ever bother me anyway. 

Troubles in my computer.  I have gotten permission to show you a photo of DH, but hey... my computer has decided to suck.  It may be a couple of weeks before I can work on it.  I'm on my work computer now.  I can use my work computer to put my personal photos on... but before I do that, I need to remove some things from my camera.  So you will have to wait a day or two to see what DH looks like.  But I will tell you this much.  His real name is Randy.  There... I toss you an ort!


So computer is down... which means nightly communication with Randy is via my work computer.  You didn't really expect me to give that up did you?  Do you know how creepy an empty school is at night?  Funny how its not creepy at 5:00 AM but it is at 7:30 PM.


Because computer is down, my blogging is limited.  Please do not be offended if I am slow to respond or if my own posts are sporadic.  I will be very late or very early... or get frustrated and go home to sleep my week away. 

That is my main plan... sleep is a time machine.  The more I sleep, the faster time goes.  Yes, I am already looking for the weekend.  I am to the point now where I can hardly stand to be at my own home.  It no longer feels like home.  I've made some mental adjustment.

However, I am not exactly looking forward to the packing process.  Last week I took the first of my things to Randy's... an antique oak bench and a bird house dabear made for me.  Its a small car.  This move will take time.

We made another shift weekend before last... I got a group of drawers and closet space.  This weekend, I forgot my medication at Dumb Potter's Hell... so we bought another month's worth and that has a place in the medicine cabinet. 

I was also gifted with my own pair of duck feet... which you will not understand without explanation.  They are a kind of flop-feet, flip-flops... whatever... with the Ducks logo on them.  Their main purpose is to wear when we go out to the shop for a smoke.  Duck feet are all that is required in the way of a dress code.  The floor is concrete.  Cold. 

So there you have it.  I wish you all well.  What is happening in your life?  Got any special plans?

29 comments:

  1. computer woes and the moving process...it all makes life interesting dunnit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often found wearing duck feet to be a faux pas at duck parties. They tend to object or even, God forbid, kick you out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lime-- Yes it does. Life is not dull.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mo-- I particularly enjoy wearing them to Albertsons market. I don't know why. Here... down in major duck land... duck feet are accepted anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you're back. I was beginning to wonder. Computers, ugh. Myself, I don't believe in constant upgrades etc. They never seem to help. My wife curses her newish laptop just as much as she curses my dinosaur. Yet she still seems convinced that we need still newer ones.

    The dinosaur still works just fine for me. She and the kids point-and-click with wild abandon, then come running to me when things go awry. I've suggested they not do that, but who listens?

    My father used to sing: I talk to the trees... that's why they put me away. I understand that better now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cricket-- Sigh. Squeaky built my computer from pieces we got here and there. He loves a good bargain. It has been a great computer... until he borrowed a part out of it to put in Max's computer. My mother board was better for some program they wanted to run. As it happens, I was not at home at the time to throw my body over my computer to protect it.

    It simply never oddurred to me that you could switch parts around like that... or that someone living in the next town over would not be back right away with it.

    Family life can be frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cricket-- Hahahaha... I talk to the trees...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah... I love typos. That was supposted to be "occurred" not "oddurred".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your computer snaps out of it and starts to behave.. it's nice to know Randy is cool with posting a pic and his real name.... So what did DH stand for.. Darn Handsome?..lol Hope your week flies by ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Referring to Mrs' comment - Randy is an appropriate name? Wait, I don't want to know. Just a joke...
    Limbo sucks. I feel for you (and me).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I'm looking forward to some interesting photos! Also, dig the Steppenwolf. Haven't heard that one in a loooooong time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mrs.HarryWoman-- DH originally stood for "deer hunter" because when we met, he was leaving to go hunting. But I can think of a ton of things I can make out of those initials that apply. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pamela-- Limbo sucks big time!

    Can I say its applicable?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suldog-- I know... I have not heard it in a long time either and was surprised to see a video.

    Well, the photos are of course interesting to me. I hope they are interesting to the rest of you.
    I love to take photographs of everything you can imagine. I'm no good at it but I do amuse myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pamela-- By the way, I'm rooting for both of us. Scary business this leaping off into the unknown.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, do I know that feeling well. The last month I lived in my apartment, I had lost all of my emotional investment in my old place before I could finally move into my new house.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Churlita-- It is a strange feeling. I guess its part of the process of moving on as well as moving.

    ReplyDelete
  19. as my pal bob says, don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road.

    i have the opposite problem, the network connections on my computer at the cracker factory fried but things work good at home. so it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have gotten quite dependant on my internet connection. Somedays I don't touch the computer at home, but I like knowing it is there.

    I am really looking forward to seeing Randy's picture. And someday, maybe even yours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. billy pilgrim-- your friend bob is a wise man. i will take that to heart.

    its always something here or there... you are right... so it does go.

    ReplyDelete
  22. laura b.-- I am totally dependent on my internet. Kind of like air at this point because I do not use my phone unless am forced to use it.

    I hope tonight you will get to see it. I'm asking him to send a particular photo for it that I enjoy. As for me... wait for it. Its coming. Big grins.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just dropped in to see what is going on. My computer still kicks ass but if it did get sick I can just turn to my laptop.

    Got any special plans?

    Camping.....

    Carry on.......

    ReplyDelete
  24. When are you going to post a picture of YOU? Not that I don't know what you look like, but a lot of folks don't.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I removed the one comment cuz it wuz just a carbon copy of the one above it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. moving is hard - it's good you are easing into it. carry on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Billy B.-- I will post a photo of me when the school year ends. It'll be a new one, not an old one. I only have really old photos at this point. They don't look much like me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  29. C4C-- I must admit that I am scared spitless of moving like this. But you know, you can't fly unless you spread your wings. Still... I am heading into this with as much caution as I can.

    ReplyDelete