Monday, February 15, 2010

Dan Hicks and his Hot licks-How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away




Happy birthday to youtube!

Well I made it through valentine's day, a date, two days in sanctuary and a trip of a three day weekend. Its 11:34 PM on a workday eve... and I am just now getting home and settled in. Yikes!

Let me say this... the date with S went well.  I had a good time.  Nice diner out.  We watched a couple of old movies and we had a lot in common so we had good conversation. We will see how it goes.

Then I was off to sanctuary for a couple of days.  S was kind enough to drive me to the bus station.  Very strange sort of thing to kiss one fella good bye as you get on a bus and then kiss a different one hello when you get off it.  But hey... it was Valentine's Day.  One I won't forget.  Too funny!

I had a great time there.  We mostly did everyday things. We helped his daughter move a sofa and a love seat.  I met his youngest son, who I have not met before and we all went out for lunch. They gave me so much food, that it was lunch, diner and tonight's diner too. 

We hung out at home that evening and ate the leftovers, so no one had to cook. A nice relaxing evening.  Watched some Dr.Who episodes.  I think I yakked his head off.

Today I was up at the crack of dawn... no, way before dawn.  The diet I'm on makes me very hyper and I do not sleep a lot.  I have more energy than I know what to do with... so I entertained myself until DH got up.  His mom and step-dad stopped by to take us out for lunch.  His mom and I have become friends. I think the world of her and her husband.  Shoot of the whole family.


When we got "home" we yakked some more, then he worked on his truck while I attacked some blackberry vines in his yard.  It was a war of sorts.  The blackberries got first blood... and well, all the blood... but I won the battle.  I made great progress, but the war will continue another time.  I love to do yard work but have no yard worth working on at home.  (Mine is tiny, in the shade and anything you put in it becomes property of the park.) He came out after he finished doing his thing on the truck and worked too until I pooped out.

The rest of the day and early evening we spent chilling until it was time for me to get on that bus.  Strange episode number two... kiss one fella as I get on the bus, kiss the other one when I get off the bus.  S was waiting and drove me home.  That was very nice, since he had to be up and off to the coast early in the morning. Not to mention it was about a 3 hour round trip for him. We'll see if he decides I am more trouble than I am worth.

Max was here, crashed on the sofa.  So no empty house.  The dog managed to tangle himself around a tree.  Out I went in the rain and wind to untangle him in the dark.  I fed Zitto and thought, yep... I am home alright.

What fun things did you do this weekend?

26 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend, Ananda! I wonder what will happen next with this S fellow? And of course, I love your relationship with DH...it is like you two are just all sync'd up. Staying tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. laura b.-- Good friends are rare treasures. I got a package deal with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over the past week or so, we have watched a lot of DVDs and downloading stuff to watch on the computer. We went to Cheddar's on Saturday. Sunday we had buy one get one free Whataburgers. Monday we had bbq sandwiches and did a bit of shopping. I have yet another black costume dress, and I got several sweaters for twenty-five cents.

    I'm sure that all sounds very dull, but it was just so good to get out of the house for a bit after the snow that we are not accustomed to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds pretty perfect - I'm so glad for you. Will you be seeing S again, then?

    ReplyDelete
  5. secret agent woman-- No date has been set yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. laughing-- I think anything you enjoy is exciting, even if its everyday stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, Dan Hicks And His Hot Licks are one of the most unjustly forgotten bands of all-time.

    Second, I have never had the opportunity to kiss two different opposite sex folk on any Valentine's Day. Consider yourself blessed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. suldog-- You are so right about Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks.

    Hey me neither... and it will likely never happen again. I was blessed !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now THAT'S how you celebrate Valentine's Day right. How fun. I'm so excited to hear what happens with S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Churlita-- Well I thought it was a real hoot. It will never happen again in my lifetime. Now watch... months will go by before I go out again. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like fun, well except for those evil blackberry vines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We pretty much don't do Valentine's, with Christmas followed by my wife's b'day on Epiphany and all. We did manage a babysitter for a trip to the local Pho place, where I got their extremely addicting Chicken Curry Soup. Yum. Also managed to find a Valentine featuring a Porcupine... always appropriate, for me anyway.

    Hope you enjoyed your own busy V-Day. Sounds like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cube-- It was. But I have to tell you the evil blackberries were a fun fight with a worthy enemy. I honestly had fun attacking them. I hardly noticed the scratches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chricket-- Yes I did, thank you. I think your version sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got Roundup for Valentine's Day but one of my dogs most definitely kissed me! Makes up for everything.
    Party on! Sounds like you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Peggy-- Well I have to tell you, I've got some serious questions in my head over it. Such as what year is this? How old am I? And the ever popular WTF am I doing? But yeah, I had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear you had a great weekend and some quality time at the sanctuary. Now get back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. AlienCG-- And that is just what I did! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you had a fun-filled and good weekend. I certainly can't top anything you did. We were able to have my wife's sister babysit so me and the Mrs. could go to a movie and enjoy each other's company for a few hours. Have a great week and talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shife-- Well it was a real fluke, I am sure, never to be repeated, but it was a hoot anyway.

    I am glad you and your beautiful wife got alone time and could celebrate your good relationship. That means way more!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, well that was quite a trip! amazing. glad you had fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not a whole lot this past weekend. Hope to see an outdoor movie on Saturday though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh... an outdoor movie! They have those in the park in the town to the left in the summer time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. But do they have them in the dead of winter, come what weather may?

    ReplyDelete
  25. dmarks-- That's neat. I love sitting outside and watching movies. I hope your weather cooperates for a comfortable viewing.

    ReplyDelete