Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Fabulous Thunderbirds-Tuff Enuff




Good morning all!


I closed up the library and headed out for my 3 day weekend, not any too pleased with what I thought lay ahead. 

Lorn moved out while I was at work.  I knew that Max would be there for a bit before taking off to enjoy his friends for a few days up in the town to the left.  Bear would be picking up the car that I'd been using all week to trade it in on a nice Outback.  I'd be back to hoofing it.

I had time to shop and get supplies for the weekend.  Saw the new car and said good-byes to Max and Bear.  Then there it was... 3 days alone.  I had no clue what I was going to do with myself all that time other than clean house and do laundry.  Oh the thrill of that!
Ha.


The house felt strange and empty of sound.  I purposely turned out every light but the one in my room.  I did not want company.  Not the kind that drops in here anyway. 

My house was quiet but the pond was loud and DH and I did our usual email thing.  I had a couple of nice phone calls from two different frogs.  Time passed much more quickly that I thought it would and I was certainly not lonely.


Today I have a lunch date with a frog I have only talked with on the computer who does not live too far away.  He has one of those names that cracks you up... like Ted Bear, or my friend, Mary Jane Stoner.  As usual all the information on him (verified by eharmony) has been sent to the bear, who will call me mid-date to see if I am chunked up in glad bags yet. 

I'm still nervous. No matter how careful you are, you're still flying blind.  This time I am not sure what we are going to do, but I like a good mystery.
Tomorrow if things go right, I'm off on a bus or by car...I'm kind of doubting the car borrowing this time.  Down to sanctuary for a couple of days with one night.  
Very cool beans.

So much for a lonely 3 day weekend and being totally alone.  I'm glad it worked out this way.  I know there will be plenty of time alone now.  But I didn't really want to have a weekend of listening to the clock tick.

20 comments:

  1. Ted Bear? Haha. I know of a guy with the last name of Jennings. His first name is not Waylon, but for some pretty obvious reason everyone started calling him Waylon. No one uses his first name anymore. They just call him Waylon Jennings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dmarks-- Boy I screwed the deleted comment up!
    That's funny. Ted Bear was in my third grade class and we had a Dickie Hawk too. Both were teased horribly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to have a frightening experience with an on-line date but I know they exist. Go, and have a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that song, i'd be even happier if i was indeed tuff enough.

    i saw an ad on tv where eharmony claimed that 2% of the marriages in your country involved eharmony clients.

    i guess in a few years they'll be able to claim that 2% of divorces involved former eharmony clients.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good song. I'm sure everything will be fine on your date. If it's not, then it'll just be boring. I enjoy living alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Billy said: "i guess in a few years they'll be able to claim that 2% of divorces involved former eharmony clients."

    That will be Neil Clark Warren's "eDiscord", the online divorce service. In wnich they match you on 29 dimensions of conflict.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of my high school classmates included Nancy Ann Cianci (say it out loud 3 times fast), Roman Battles, and my favorite, Robin Banks.

    A 3 day weekend totally alone is the stuff of my fondest dreams. Hope you had a great weekend with no Glad bags involved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A 3 day weekend alone sounds like heaven to me. This house is a zoo. No peace or quiet unless everyone else is asleep. A steady diet of it woulnd't be so good.

    I have a photo of my phone which shows we received a call from a Ted E. Bear. Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. secret agent woman-- its now monday morning and i'm still in sanctuary. the date went very well. S drove me to the bus and will pick me up later this evening. meanwhile, DH and i had a great valentines day. i don't think i could have packed this weekend more fully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. billy pilgrim-- i aparently opted for crazy enough instead.

    hahaha... no doubt you are right about eharmony's impending divorce stats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AlienCG-- i think that i would enjoy living alone more if my car ran. i am enjoying some of it. but i grew up in a family of 7 where there was nothing but happy chaos and noise, then had my own four noisemakers. quiet is the most difficult part for me. good thing i have music.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cricket-- robbin banks! what a hoot!
    indeed, the weekend has been great. i texted bear "He just went to the store for glad bags... should i be worried?" But she did not respond. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cube-- oh i love that you got a call from Ted. E. Bear! i wonder if it was my ted bear. six degrees of separation?

    quiet just kills me. i thrive in chaos. good thing i work in a nice noisy school.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who knows? The older I get, the more I realize how small the world really is and how little I know about all there is to know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Expect the unexpected! Amazing how quickly an empty 3 days becomes really full....

    ReplyDelete
  17. laura b.-- You've no idea how right you are! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad it all worked out so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Churlita-- It was just an enjoyable weekend. No real great romance involved. It was good not to be alone for a change.

    ReplyDelete