Saturday, September 5, 2009

WAVE / SATURDAY SCAVENGER HUNT


And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!







Our word this week is "WAVE" brought to us by the always interesting dmarks at Throwawayblog .


The traditional type of wave... the kind surfers chase as well as toddlers and labs. I actually took that photo!


Or this kind.




I have always been fascinated by the ability of artists to create waves... that must be really hard to make them look right. This painting is on the outside wall of a museum in Newport.





This is a binary wave. Cool beans.And this person's wave is something else!


Happy hunting you all!
This is my last post until Monday.
Enjoy your holiday weekend.
Miss Bliss is.
Oh cool beans!

14 comments:

  1. Great pics. As for the last one, I always wondered how the bastard child of Chewie and Cousin Itt was doing. Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at how many different sorts of waves there are! That beach photo is so pretty. Excellent job, Ananda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to go to the beach. But with someone a little less hairy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second picture is excellent. They are good examples of WAVES. Good job and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful photo you took....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a day late and a dollar short, wasn't expecting a Saturday post so didn't look until now, to see if you were back from your romp or whatever.

    Oh, wait, I'm still a dollar short, tomorrow is Labor Day so you have an extra day this weekend. I don't pay much attention to holidays anymore.

    Jackie does a weekly word thing on her blog also and comes up with some interesting stuff. Anyway, some nice pics there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dmarks-- Isn't that a great photo? Not mine... a google image obviously. I knew you'd get a kick out of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. laura b.-- Thank you! The beach shot is actually mine. I have accidents like that from time to time. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. secret agent woman-- Ha haha! I know, scary doo!
    I love the beach... any beach.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AlienCG-- Thanks. I really do have a lot of fun with this scavenger hunt.

    BTW... my weekend could not possibly have been any better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BBC-- Thanks. I do have a bunch of fun with this... plus it keeps my post to a minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the waves...Except the hairy person/thing. That kind of creeped me out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Churlita-- It is rather creepy isn't it? But it was so dmarks! Ha. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete