Saturday, October 31, 2009

A HALLOWEEN TREAT FOR YOU

The ultimate Halloween band... The Misfits. I know, I just did a Misfits song the other day. Oh well... there is another at the bottom for you to enjoy that I think I have shared before.



Well no date tonight. R called me and apologized for having been too busy to call all week. We had a problem connecting where he was leaving a message while I was trying to get my phone to work without glasses. Sheesh. Anyway, the message said we should re-schedule for next weekend.



YIKES... not gonna happen... I'll be at the coast with R-2 and I don't plan on skipping that offer. The ocean is my favorite place on earth and only I see it about once every ten years. Not to mention that R-2 is the clear front runner in the frog pond. (D is still very close.) But I'm not counting my ribbits before they croak.



When we did connect as soon as he stopped leaving his message and I was able to call him back... he decided that tomorrow would be good. The reason he canceled? He forgot it was Halloween and needs to be home to pass out candy. Okay. Hummmm... well, I will give it a try. Like I said, I am not counting my ribbits before they croak. But I have a dubious feeling about this.



Okay a few words on Halloween. We'll be doing a film fest here of horror flicks. The kids in our town no longer trick or treat... they go to the town Halloween carnival where they win candy by playing games, carving pumkins and in the costume contest. They stay warm and dry and have a good time, then go home to bed. Still, it makes me sad. I loved the happy faces that used to show up at the door all painted or masked. I miss that, I do.


Well... here is one last song... It's my favorite Misfits song. I used to happily sing it when I'd fantasize about killing StbX. How's that for horror? Ha... a healthy fantasy to work out frustrations. hee hee

If you don't like the Misfits than you can't like rock
=]

Lyrics:

There's 52 ways to murder anyone.
One and two are the same, and they both work as well.
I'm coming clean for Amy.
Julie doesn't scream as well,
and the cops won't listen all night.
So maybe, I'll be over.
Just as soon as I fill them all in
and I can remember when I saw her last.
We were running all around and having a blast.
But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you.
I know when your home,
I was thinking about you.
There was something I forgot to say,
I was crying on saturday night.
I was out cruising without you,
they were playing our song.
Crying on saturday night.
As the moon becomes the night time
You go viciously, quietly, away.
I'm sitting in the bedroom,
where we used to sit and smoke cigarettes
Now I'm watching, watching you die…
I can remember when I saw her last.... more

No comments:

Post a Comment