Sunday, March 8, 2009

Trip to Edgefield and back.

The photo in the middle is the ceiling in the theater. You can dine while you watch.










Click to enlarge photos
This is some of the artwork at Edgefield. We wandered around and looked at stuff, took our time. Had a pounder of Terminator Stout (it's brewed there) and a salad in the Powerhouse Pub. Then took it slow going back home on the old historic highway. Nice lazy day.

Other than that all we have done all day is watch old episodes of Breaking Bad, a series on AMC that has proven interesting in a bizarre sort of train wreck way. Has the guy who played Hal, the dad on Malcom in the Middle as a chemisty teacher who finds out he does not have long to live, so he decides to make and distribute meth as a way of leaving his pregnant wife and handicapped son enough money to live in comfort without him.

Hope your Sunday was peaceful too.


Plummeting 620 feet from its origins on Larch Mountain, Multnomah Falls is the second highest year-round waterfall in the United States. Nearly two million visitors a year come to see this ancient waterfall.

I used to work in our market and tourists would ask me stuipid questions about the area. One of my favorite dumb questions was "What time do they turn off the falls?"


6 comments:

  1. Very peaceful, thanks. But I'm not ready for Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am not ready for Monday either! I need another weekend. This was too good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That thing with the falls is pretty funny. "The falls? The guy who turns the sun on and off sets the timer on the falls. Would you like to contact him?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics. I wish we had falls here. the stupid questions I get here in Iowa are more like, do you guys have indoor plumbing and fresh produce in the Winter? Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My other favorite stupid question about where I live is "Where is the Bridge of the Gods". The place is 3 miles long end to end. There is one large metal bridge taht you cannot miss. My answer... as I point at it... is always "See that giant erector set?" which is exactly what it looks like.
    Tourists!
    I often wonder if I'm that dumb when I travel. (I probably am. Ha.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunday was peaceful enough, but it flew by. I know it's only an hour, but it altered the whole flow of my day.

    ReplyDelete