Well I know you're all anxious to get going on your own family deals... and in fact many of you may not even show up at all due to the holiday. No matter. I wish everyone a wonderful day celbrating the country.
Yesterday laura b. at What Fresh Hell is This? Friday 5 - Fireworks
asked the following questions and here are my answers:
- How do you feel about fireworks displays? Well, I like them, I do. We have a wonderful one down on the river. People bring their home fireworks to set off while they wait for the big show. Smoke and sparks abound. Things whizzzzz past. Everyone is happy and many are crocked… and that’s another kind of show! I’ll be taking photos to share.
- What were the details surrounding one of your mishaps with fire? When I was about 13 my mom and I were sitting and chatting in the living room. Someone knocked on our door. I opened it to find a funny little old man.
He said “Your roof… she’s on fire!”
I answered “Oh really? Well, thank you.” Then I turned and told my mom. We both had a great giggle.
This was repeated. He was much more agitated. We giggled a bit more nervously and so my mother directed me to go outside and look. Well, sure enough, the roof was on fire!
You must understand that my mother is a neat freak extraordinaire. She was not going to have firemen stomping crap all over her carpet. So she ordered me to get up on the roof and put it out.
Yes, indeed it does sound insane.
It is more insane that I did it. I ran upstairs and out the den window onto the roof that covered my folks added on bedroom. Mom handed me a hose, and directed me from the ground below. It was just a swamp cooler fire. I had it out in no time. We were really sad about the swamp cooler too. But it was replaced that day.
- Who in your life could be described as a real firecracker? Beyond any doubt, it has to be the Bear. She is feisty, manages to be mommy, keeps a 5 bedroom house full of guys clean and goes to college full time to become a nurse… and managed to get on The President’s List. Where does she get the energy? Oh… and do not make the Bear mad… ever! Talk about pyrotechnics!
- When did you last feel you were being put on display? At the market last week. Some guy was just standing and staring at me for no reason. It was like he was expecting me to do something. Once I was sure that I didn’t have a booger in my nose, my blouse was still buttoned up (this has been a problem before!) and I was not drooling… I got the heck out of there.
- How confident are you in your barbecue skills? I am totally confident that I have no barbecue skills whatsoever! I am a sexist pig who believes that the barbecue is the domain of whatever man is available. The purpose of a barbecue is to give the kitchen cook an evening off… isn’t it?