Friday, May 29, 2009

FRIDAY SIXER

(ME)


BUT ITS DAY SIX IN THE COUNTDOWN TO MY SUMMER VACATION. Happy dancing is in order but will have to wait for the less populated space of home. Max got up with me before the sun and we watched it rise... wow. I took photos, which are not on this computer so I cannot share them yet. There is something about the effect of light that enthralls me. Maxfield Parrish (who does amazing things with paint to show etherial light) is my favorite artist... yes, Max is named for Maxfield Parrish (also Mad Max and Max Headroom). That year we had a serial killer who was caught mere days after Max was born and named... want to guess what his name was, yeah, Max. You can't win them all. Enough story time.

Daybreak by Maxfield Parrish



The Six Wives of Henry VIII (album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia,

RICK WAKEMAN - "Anne Boleyn" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ngFpAIKLfI

I don't know if you have ever listened to Rick Wakeman or know that he was a member of the group "Yes". He's a piano man. His music is wicked lovely. On this album "The Six Wives of Henry the VIII, each song is assigned to a wife. Sorry, you can only have one wife here... wouldn't want anyone to lose their head...but you can listen to the others on Youtube if you wish. He also did a wonderful album; Journey to the Center of the Earth, that has a turtle swimming in beer in its companion booklet. (The turtle looks happy, billy! But I'm not sure if that is really good for a turtle or not. )



It must be a video kind of day. Do you guys get tired of them? I figure that if you don't want to mess with it, you won't. Here are a few more:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7h8qkMBE_E Music For One Apartment And Six Drummers This is a strange little bugger. I like strange.



Six Feet Under "Rapture" death http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LXuNpF6NVg

I loved this show. It was funny and touching too. Each episode began with a death. This is my favorite "death" intro. (One of the brothers on this show "David", played by Michael C. Hall, now plays Dexter on Showtime. More death for him, he's now moved up from embalmer to serial killer. I cannnot wait for it to begin again in the fall.)

Six Feet Under (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia if you are curious about it.



Six Million Dollar Man vs. Sasquatch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JktcQ2A32cU

Who could pass this one up? LOL

The Six Million Dollar Man on TV.com - Free Full Episodes & Clips ...



Well, I dont' want to weigh you guys down too much today. It's a Friday... the sun is shining on me, hope it is on you in everyway you can apply that phrase! I leave you with the first poem I ever learned by heart just because I wanted to... I was six years old. You will see why... it is so undoubtably me.



The End

When I was One,I had just begun.



When I was Two,I was nearly new.



When I was Three,I was hardly Me.



When I was Four,I was not much more.



When I was Five,I was just alive.



But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever.



So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.



--Alan Alexander Milne



What sixes did I miss? What are you doing with your weekend? What are you doing now? Say anything! ( Lurkers welcome too. )

15 comments:

  1. Love A. A. Milne! Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suldog-- Thanks! I do too and I love that I was over blogging at your place while you were here blogging at mine. Cool beans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 feet under had the best series finale i've ever seen. the last 10 minutes was phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. billy-- I most heartily agree! I was sorry to see that show end. I came into it late, like Carnival and only got a season and a half. I've had to search the others out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about the album 666 by the group Aphrodite's Child? The band featured an obscure musician named Vangelis Papathanassiou.

    This guy later pretty much later dropped this last name from his "stage name", and as Vangelis is one of the decade-long ruling triumvirate of instrumental progressive rock (along wih Jean Michel Jarre and Mike Oldfield). You might know Vangelis for his music for the movie "Blade Runner".

    The conjunction of Oldfield, Jarre, and Vangelis can be found on this Youtube video. Supposedly, this is recorded by Jarre and Vangelis as a cover of an Oldfield track. Other than that, I do not think they have anything to do with each other. I've read that Oldfield and Vangelis once decided to do a collaboration, but they started fighting over the project within minutes of meeting and nothing came of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going fishing tomorrow and maybe I will catch 6 fish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved 6 Feet Under. I was so obsessed with that show. I've never seen Dexter, but everyone tells me I should.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw Dexter 4 or 5 times. I did not like it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. dmarks-- Nice additions! I do recall Vangelis. Nice video. Thanks.

    I can easily see musical geniuses not being able to agree. When you create like that, its so personal and who gets to be the decider of stuff? Egos. Big 'uns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cube-- I've been wanting to fish for weeks, but have not yet bought the license. I have never been asked to show my license, but you know the second I tried, I'd get zapped. ha.

    Oh I do hope you catch 6 fish or more! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Churlita-- I love Dexter, but you know I like dark comedy. I've read all but the newest Dexter books too. He is not right, but I like him anyway.

    dmarks-- I think with Dexter, you have to love it or hate it, but I don't think you can be so-so about it. Sounds like you gave it a fair amount of time to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good stuff, Ananda. Love Six Feet Under...in fact I am rewatching it through Netflix right now...working my way through it again. I love Dexter too!
    And, oh...A.A. Milne. So sweet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. laura b.--Thanks! Isn't it wonderful? I too am watching the starting episodes of SFU. I missed so much of it!

    Honest to goodness... we should be on that beach sipping Mai Tais and watching out for tree monkeys. Maybe we could watch an episode or two of SFU while we do. Or Dexter. Yeah, sounding better all the time. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you didn't miss much in the first half of carnivale other than the depression backdrop. i thought the second half of season 2 rescued the series.

    ReplyDelete
  15. billy--They were sure building up to the interesting part. I was ready for the big battle.
    I was so disappointed to find out that I don't get to see how Ben defeats Brother Justin.

    ReplyDelete