Monday, May 11, 2009

The Wrong Trousers - Train Chase

The Wrong Trousers - Train Chase

The video box is refusing to work... but the above link does.

Tonight is meeting night... again. Heavy sigh. But...

Beginning with billy's "happy fecking mother's day!" (a charming thought that got me off to a good start) I had a nice, laid-back day. There was not much to tell about it.

Max took me to breakfast and a woman sitting behind us talked non-stop, without breathing or thinking past our leaving. I thought Max's head was going to spin off and roll across the floor.

I spent some time on a wander through town to take photos of whatever wanted to catch my eye.

Squeaky took me to lunch at the newly-re-opened-under-new-management drive-in. There is nothing fast about this food. Expect a twenty minute or more wait. But your burger is hot and the onion rings are to die for. I have not had a burger in a long time. I had to take a nap after that.

The boys' dad took us all out for dinner at the only other diner in town. Yes, for Mother's Day I ate in every restaurant in town. But hey, in my defense, we don't even have a cop. I did manage to miss the deli and the pub. I was so full from all the other meals out that I only choked down a few bites of my halibut steak and had to put it in a doggie bag to take home. Today I had it for lunch... yum!

We ended our evenings with Wallace & Gromit in The Wrong Trousers (1993). The video link just under the video box window at the top of this post takes you to a short from this movie.


It was one of those rare days where everything went smoothly. We were not together in person, but the Bear and I spoke on the phone and my grand kids gave me smacky phone kisses. My life is not perfect. There is still an essential part missing, but until I find that puzzle piece, this will do me fine. I am grateful.

By the way, Michael... loved the mention in your post! You know what, it was a happy fecking mother's day!
*

13 comments:

  1. i hope someone massaged your feckin feet on mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. billy-- I wish! Sadly, no. They did not think of that. Tell your mrs. that I said she's a lucky gal who'd have a fella who would massage her feet... and I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i am glad you had people showing you love. wallace and gromit rock1 it's been a while since i watched it, may need to pull it out later...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lime-- Wallace and Gromit have been a staple at my home since the day we discovered them. Right up there with Monty P.

    I am very loved by the four best people on earth.

    I'll be the most protected mom when the zombies attack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one's life is perfect, but it seems like you do an amazing job appreciating the things you do have, as opposed to obsessing about things you don't have. And what a nice day. I would love a day where I didn't have to cook or clean-up after even one meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Churlita-- Well, thank you. I do my share of obsessing though. I have to be honest about that. ha.

    It was a wonderful day. I do think it's funny that I seemed to have eaten my way through it. Food is a dangerous lover to me.

    I am grateful though. I think there is a lot to that old saying "count your blessings" because when we forget to count the good things, they get lost in the bile of the much lesser numbered bad things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm burger.

    Sounds like a great time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. dmarks-- A burger fan eh? Normally I would not touch one... because I used to grind it and know what's in there. But it was Squeaky's gift and that made it delicious.

    Yes, the boys were unusually giddy and hilarious conversationalists. No fights. No fits. Perfection. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great day to me...I LOVE eating out :-) And Wallace & Grommit are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. laura b.-- Welcome to Funch! So glad you dropped in. Long ago, when gas was .28 cents a gallon and I had my first car... I named it Gromit. When I found Wallace and Gromit, I was delighted. And how funny that my car was from England too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day. Eating out is devine. No muss, no fuss, and no clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cube-- Yeah! It was a wonderfully lazy day. I do deserve devine. Well, most of the time. I hope that yours was too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey everyone... I am so dense... Rockin has been a member for days and I have missed it. My apologies Rockin. Thanks so much for stopping in. Please comment some day.

    ReplyDelete