Sunday, May 17, 2009

THIRTEEN AND GOING DOWN



Welcome to the countdown to my vacation.

A cheesy vehicle, but why not?




Today the photos are off of Google images.

I liked this one... the countdown is therapeutic for me. It's coming, it's coming... I know I am spoiled by this huge vacation... 11 weeks of freedom to do as I please. However, I have already earned this money. I am paid monthly. They divide a school year of work by 12 and that is what I get. Otherwise I could never, ever afford this luxury. I am grateful for it... and my mini vacations at Christmas and Easter. The point is that I am not gifted with this amount of time. I toiled for it.




I like this little photo because it's a viaduct with 13 arches.








This little guy has 13 stripes down his back. He's called a 13 stripe ground squirrel. I thought it was a chipmunk. Shows you what I know.






You know this one.
Ocean's Thirteen (2007)



I like most of the movies that Pitt, Damon and Clooney do.









Here are some links you might want to take a chance on...


Thirteen Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes This movie... Thirteen... was one of the worst things I have ever seen. But I am glad that I saw it. It is a horror show, but not in that genre. It's about stupid 13 year old girls who are out of control. Yeah... sex, drugs, stupidity in spades, shoplifting. Any risky behavior you can think of... and do not, I repeat, do not watch it with children. Yikes.


13 GRANDMOTHERS An INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF THIRTEEN INDIGENOUS GRANDMOTHERS who came together from all over the world to ponder our troubles. It's an interesting place.


Thirteen Bullets, a serial novel by David Wellington I have not read this, but intend to this summer. The blurb said it was about zombies. But when I went to the site, it looked more like it was about vampires. Huh? It does have a great little fast time video of a vampire being made up by the make-up artist that I enjoyed. Got any good zombie stuff to share? Zombies are big.


Ancestry.com - Thirteen Reasons Our Ancestors Migrated This one is interesting. It's good to know why people migrated here and fascinating.


Hope your day is happy. Mine will be. I am feeling good and energetic. By the time vacation comes, I'll be frantic. Guess I better walk more to counteract it. Oh... and be thankful.























8 comments:

  1. The Walking Dead (a series of graphic novels) by Robert Kirkman are pretty good. I love Marvel Zombies vs Ash, also. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. branwynne77-- Cool beans! Thanks. I've got to see the Marvel Zombies Vs.Ash. I'm surprised my boys have not collected it. I'll check out The Walking Dead too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always liked the number 13 and it isn't unlucky for me. Sounds like you don't have a problem with it either :-)
    Thanks for all the interesting links!

    ReplyDelete
  4. laura b-- right you are. The number 13 is my lucky number. No bad about it. On Friday the 13th,good things always happen to me and often in numbers. I hope you found something you can enjoy in the links.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 13's phobias are acting up. She's afraid to go out on the streets of Numbertown, ever since she heard that 7 8 9.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dmarks--lol. It makes me want to add
    "0 U 8 1 2?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. the movie 13is really scary for a mother of two teenagers. I thought Holly Hunter was amazing in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Churlita-- I could not agree more. The scariest thing for me was that it was my Bear who told me that I should watch it...Crap! She was a junior or senior by then, but it was still very scary. Poeple who have these experiences and survive regret them forever. You can never take back your innocence.

    ReplyDelete